The leadership concepts showcased in Everything DiSC Profile – Work of Leaders are used not only in the workplace but in sports as well. As in any organization, the coach’s role is to create a vision, build alignment and execute.
It’s only a few more days before the New England Patriots face the New York Giants in the 46th Super Bowl. However, for the coaches Belichick and Coughlin the Super Bowl is in some ways, just another game.
The coach of the New England Patriots, Bill Belichick operates with a steady as you go behavior style, whether it’s pre-season game or the 46th Super Bowl.
That ensures that, Belichick’s team doesn’t let down against a weaker opponent and they’re not flustered when they have to playing the toughest team in the NFL.
The New York Giants coach Tom Coughlin’s behavior style is old school. His no-nonsense approach has little patience for coddling highly paid professional athletes. He believes that accountability and responsibility are key to getting the job done.
Learning to lead comes naturally for some and for others it has to be learned. Fortunately, Everything DiSC Profile – Work of Leaders breaks leadership down into a few fundamental concepts that anyone can learn.
Work of Leaders by Inscape Publishing is an online self-assessment that produces a highly personalized 23-page report (sample). It helps leaders better understand what’s required to create, advance,and realize the vision for their organization. It also guides them through the process of self-examination to help to determine their leadership style and effectiveness.
The key sections of the report include:
- Introduction to the Work of Leaders — the three strategic steps: Crafting a Vision, Building Alignment, and Championing Execution of the Vision.
- DiSC Leadership Style — the DiSC Profile model and behavior style; and an analysis of the person’s DiSC leadership style and how it impacts the strategic process
- Creating a Vision — explaining what it is, why it’s important and a broad assessment of the individuals’ effectiveness.
- Building Alignment — what it is, why it’s important and an assessment of the individuals effectiveness.
- Execution — what it is, why it’s important and an assessment of the individuals effectiveness.
- Action Steps — the leader’s strengths and challenges including tips and strategies for improvement.
The 46th Super Bowl will take place on February 5, 2012 at Lucas Oil Stadium. Kickoff is scheduled for 6:30 ET on NBC.
- New Team View – for Everything DiSC Profiles (discprofiles4u.com)
- Everything DiSC Profile – Supplement for Facilitators (discprofiles4u.com)
- DiSC Profiles Teach Workers Skills for Discovering Diversity (discprofiles4u.com)